Bantry Bay (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Bruce Ridge (Canberra)
Bungarra Alpine Centre (Snowy Mountains)
Currumbin Border Track (NSW/QLD Border)
Daisy Hill (South Brisbane)
East Kowen (Kowen Pine Forest, Canberra)
Forest Pipeline (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Fred Caterson Reserve (Castle Hill)
Golden Jubilee Field MTB Park (North Shore, Sydney)
Hassans Walls (Lithgow)
Hinze Dam (Gold Coast)
Jindabyne (Snowy Mountains)
Kiwarrak State Forest (Tarree)
Majura Pines (Majura, Canberra)
Manly Dam (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Mt Joyce (Gold Coast Hinterland)
Mt Kosciuszko (Snowy Mountains)
Nerang State Forest (Gold Coast)
Old Man's Valley (Hornsby, Sydney)
Ourimbah (Central Coast)
Oxford Falls (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Pilot Wilderness (Snowy Mountains)
Red Hill (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Rotorua Redwoods (New Zealand)
Singleton (Hunter Valley)
Sparrow Hill (Kowen Pine Forest, Canberra)
St Ives and Belrose (North Shore, Sydney)
Stromlo Forest Park (Canberra)
Terrey Hills (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
The Oaks (Blue Mountains)
Thredbo Resort (Snowy Mountains)
Thredbo Valley Trail (Snowy Mountains)
Whistler Bike Park (Whistler)
Wingello (Southern Highlands)
Wylde MTB Trail (Cecil Park - Western Sydney)
Manly DamLast Update: 3/2/2013
For full information, including maps, photos and detailed info on trail sections use the links on the right
Manly Dam is an awesome Mountain Bike Trail, a challenging loop for intermediate to advanced XC and All Mountain riders. As as a result you will see a large number of riders on an array of MTB machinery conquering the 11km trail.
IMPORTANT!! This trail runs clockwise.
Manly Dam is mix of fire trail and single trails with plenty of technical sections. There are heaps of rock sections to climb, rock steps and man made steps to ride off, a number of ladder bridges (most on ground), plenty of low hanging branches, pinch flat hungry rocks and roots poking through the soil, short flowing sections, full width fire trails, rock plateaus, lung busting climbs and some rough downhill sections.
Where to park:
There are heaps of places to park around the loop, so pick the best location for you.
- Water Research Laboratory – In the parking area on King Street, Manly Vale (the bottom of the trail)
- Manly Vale Public School – Cnr Gibbs and Sunshine Street, Manly Vale
- North Balgowlah Public School – on the street at Manning Street (or any other street on the route through North Balgowlah)
- Wakehurst Parkway – fire trail entrance about halfway between North Balgowlah and Frenchs Forest.
- Allambie Heights Oval – and ride in from behind the Tennis Courts
- Cootamunda Drive, Monserra Drive or Nyrang Ave – Allambie Heights (But why would you start halfway down the descent?)
- This trail runs clockwise.
- Due to the total awesomeness of Manly Dam the trail attracts A LOT OF RIDERS (many of whom seem to be competing in their own personal World Cups). So be considerate and listen for riders coming up from behind and let them through.
- Large sections of this trail are shared and you are likely to encounter walkers and runners on the trail, so keep an eye out.
- Some sections of the trail are ILLEGAL on a MTB, avoid fines from the council rangers and the wrath of other MTBers protecting their right to ride by keeping off those tracks.
- I’ve also heard of complaints by residents about riders pissing on their fences. SERIOUSLY !! There are acres of bush .. why would you piss on someone’s fence? Come on people!
- MANLY DAM IS OFTEN CLOSED AFTER RAIN – check the Warringah Council website for the trail status or risk being fined.
Blog articles that mention this trail
- 17/9/2016 - Is the Thredbo AM Trail the best descent in Australia?
- 17/6/2016 - VIDEO: The Fourth 365 Days of Reign - My 4th year of Mountain Biking
- 1/1/2016 - VIDEO: 2015 The FAIL Awakens
- 28/6/2015 - VIDEO: 365 Days of Reign - The Third (year of serious mountain biking)
- 29/4/2015 - Long term test: Yakima Highroller and Whispbar roof rack
- 15/3/2015 - VIDEO: Giant Anthem 29er vs Giant Reign 26
- 17/6/2014 - 365 Days of Reign - My 2nd Year on a real mountain bike
- 10/1/2014 - Summer Mountain Bike Training at OMV
- 1/1/2014 - 2013 Another Year of #FAIL
- 14/12/2013 - Merry Christmas from MTB-TV - What a year its been
- 28/5/2013 - Bantry Bay and Forest Pipeline trails now up
- 24/5/2013 - 365 Days of Reign - My 1st Year on a Real Mountain Bike
- 13/3/2013 - MTB tyre pressure matters - who would have thought?
- 27/2/2013 - #ThursdaysTrail - Manly Dam - The Creek Fire Trail Descent
- 14/2/2013 - #ThursdaysTrail - The Cowan Track - Terrey Hills
- 27/1/2013 - Conquering Thredbo
- 24/1/2013 - MTB Cheaparsery - getting started cheaply
- 22/1/2013 - Reflecting on the weekends achievements
- 3/1/2013 - There's nothing quite like a MTB Fail Video
- 1/1/2013 - Welcome to the Mountain Bike Trail Videos Blog