Bantry Bay (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Bruce Ridge (Canberra)
Bungarra Alpine Centre (Snowy Mountains)
Currumbin Border Track (NSW/QLD Border)
Daisy Hill (South Brisbane)
East Kowen (Kowen Pine Forest, Canberra)
Forest Pipeline (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Fred Caterson Reserve (Castle Hill)
Golden Jubilee Field MTB Park (North Shore, Sydney)
Hassans Walls (Lithgow)
Hinze Dam (Gold Coast)
Jindabyne (Snowy Mountains)
Kiwarrak State Forest (Tarree)
Majura Pines (Majura, Canberra)
Manly Dam (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Mt Joyce (Gold Coast Hinterland)
Mt Kosciuszko (Snowy Mountains)
Nerang State Forest (Gold Coast)
Old Man's Valley (Hornsby, Sydney)
Ourimbah (Central Coast)
Oxford Falls (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Pilot Wilderness (Snowy Mountains)
Red Hill (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Rotorua Redwoods (New Zealand)
Silver Mountain (Kellogg)
Singleton (Hunter Valley)
Sparrow Hill (Kowen Pine Forest, Canberra)
St Ives and Belrose (North Shore, Sydney)
Stromlo Forest Park (Canberra)
Terrey Hills (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
The Oaks (Blue Mountains)
Thredbo Resort (Snowy Mountains)
Thredbo Valley Trail (Snowy Mountains)
Whistler Bike Park (Whistler)
Wingello (Southern Highlands)
Wylde MTB Trail (Cecil Park - Western Sydney)
Old Man's ValleyLast Update: 20/2/2013
For full information, including maps, photos and detailed info on trail sections use the links on the right
The Old Man's Valley trail centre is fantastic demonstration of what can be achieved with a metropolitan Mountain Bike trail centre. They have reset the bar! Big congratulations must go to Hornsby Shire Council (follow them on twitter for updates @HornsbyCouncil) for their commitment to the mountain bike community, SNORC for engaging with the council on MTBs behalf and Synergy Trails for the excellent trails they've constructed at the Old Man's Valley trail centre.
The trail is broken up into 4 main sections (3 blue - 2 with black extensions, and a green beginners/kids trail) with work still to commence on additional trails at the bottom of the valley.
For all the fun and flow of the descents the climb seems to take no time at all. They have created a fantastic set of trails that are so easily practiced due to the excellent layout and access points.
A MUST RIDE when visiting Sydney.
Parking on Quarry Rd. Please be considerate of the residents and park down near the trail head rather than in front of their properties. Also beware of all the No Stopping sections.
The trails are a very short ride from Hornsby Railway Station which makes them very accessible.
There are two bike shops on the western side of the railway line.
Blog articles that mention this trail
- 25/10/2017 - Conquering Whistler's Top of the World Trail
- 17/9/2016 - Is the Thredbo AM Trail the best descent in Australia?
- 25/7/2016 - MTB Trail Videos - Trail Centre Upgrade Program
- 17/6/2016 - VIDEO: The Fourth 365 Days of Reign - My 4th year of Mountain Biking
- 1/1/2016 - VIDEO: 2015 The FAIL Awakens
- 28/6/2015 - VIDEO: 365 Days of Reign - The Third (year of serious mountain biking)
- 29/4/2015 - Long term test: Yakima Highroller and Whispbar roof rack
- 26/1/2015 - VIDEO: 2014 FAILS - Will Ride, Will Fail
- 1/1/2015 - VIDEO: MTB-TVs TOP 10 Descents of 2014
- 8/11/2014 - Video: Return to Rotorua ... ok to go!
- 2/11/2014 - Video: Return to Rotorua ... definitely maybe!
- 17/6/2014 - 365 Days of Reign - My 2nd Year on a real mountain bike
- 18/5/2014 - Review: the Bionicon C-Guide V2.0
- 10/1/2014 - Summer Mountain Bike Training at OMV
- 1/1/2014 - 2013 Another Year of #FAIL
- 14/12/2013 - Merry Christmas from MTB-TV - What a year its been
- 19/9/2013 - The Lone Wolf enjoys some group action
- 24/5/2013 - 365 Days of Reign - My 1st Year on a Real Mountain Bike
- 16/4/2013 - Loving the Thredbo Flow Trail
- 13/3/2013 - MTB tyre pressure matters - who would have thought?
- 9/2/2013 - Old Man's Valley - Officially Opened!!
- 9/2/2013 - Keeping Busy - Chains, wheels, cassettes and very sore hands
- 3/2/2013 - Survived my 2nd weekend without a ride
- 29/1/2013 - Out of action for a month
- 26/1/2013 - The Summer of MTB
- 3/1/2013 - There's nothing quite like a MTB Fail Video